Paleo Spaghetti & Meatball Recipe
To make meatballs:
· Meatball Blend: Grass-fed Beef, Veal, Pork and/or Lamb. Whatever meats you want to use. Most butchers have a pre-blended one already.
· 2 eggs per 1lb of meat
· White onion
· fresh parsley, chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic
· Fresh grated Parmesan/Romano cheese (If you consume dairy)
· 1/3 cup heavy cream (If no dairy, you can substitute with water)
In a pan, add some EVOO, garlic and onions. Sautee until browned.
In a large bowl, mix your meats, eggs, parsley, cheese and cream. Salt & pepper to taste. Then add in the browned garlic & onions.
Roll into small round balls. The mixture should be moist, but still hold its shape after rolled into meatballs.
Add more EVOO into the pan and place the meatballs spread throughout the pan. When the meatballs are brown, flip them and brown other side. Once completely browned, remove from heat and place on paper towel to drain.
To make the sauce:
· Tomato Paste (Check labels for sugar)
· Basil, oregano, garlic, s&p to taste
· Crushed red pepper
Place in a saucepan and let simmer.
To make spaghetti:
· 1 spaghetti squash
· Finely chopped mixed herbs. Basil, chives, parsley, etc.
· Salt & pepper to taste.
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Cut the squash in half length wise, remove seeds and place cut sides up on a baking sheet. Season with herbs and/or salt and pepper. Bake about 1 hour or until soft to touch.
Allow squash to cool slightly. Using a fork, gently scrape out the strands away from the peel.
Plate, add meatballs, sauce and serve. Enjoy!